Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Quotes

"Now go to him as you are in your armor and helmets, but leave your battle-shields here, and your spears, let them lie waiting for your promises your words may make." (Page 36)

- Beowulf and his men were to battle with no battle-shields or spears and make a promise not to abandon him.


"I leave my armor to my son, now, if God had given me an heir, a child born of my body, his life created from mine." (Page 56)

- As he's dying his last will and testament is that his son recieves all of his armor and money.


"I remember how we sat in the mead-hall, drinking and boasting of how brave we'd be when Beowulf needed us." (Page 55)

- This is when his when Wiglaf shouted out that Beowulf's men abandoned their promises when Beowulf needed them the most.

No comments: